Saturday, October 2, 2010

league of legends- the experience

one of the reasons i wanted to give a bit more detail on league of legends is that im competing in a small 3v3 tournament this weekend! ive already won game one and the rest of my games are tonight. Im pretty excited, and while i think im probably going to win but just thought id share. Now its no where near thw WCG level, but considering how bad Asia got stomped in some of those games, maybe it is.


If you enjoyed wc3- or world of warcraft, but dont have the monumental amount time to you have to invest in such a game- maybe this game is for you. Its basically a 20minute mmo. You level up to 18 each game- get gold for killing things, and destroy the other teams base to win, sometimes it lasts up to an hour, but generally its won in under half. One of the things i disliked most about WOW, was the time investment and commitment required- if you werent on every night at the same times for raids, you were either kicked or looked over on loot. With LOL, you play whenever you want because matches are fast- you play with friends and it only requires up to 5 people. If you have a few friends that you just want to play with and cant seem to manage a guild in a mmorpg, i think you would enjoy this game.

But perhaps the best part of this game is how fun it is. Its fast paced and when your doing well you really enjoy the game. it has all the mechanics behind a MMORPG, without all of the time invested grinding and farming.


anyhoozle, hopefully my tourney will go well-

32 comments:

  1. I enjoyed dota but I havent tried it yet .
    I probably will though now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, congrats on your win.

    Good luck tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow sounds awesome, think i'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard a lot about this game. Maybe I should give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the tourney. I'm only a little familiar with the game. Couldn't get too into the game cause of the steep learning curve and generally sucking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive heard alot about this game but have yet to play it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved warcraft 3 maybe I'll check this game out and good job on the win

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow im SOOOOO glad i came across your blog. i was just about to sign up for LOL. I have a tab open for it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do wish sometimes they would initiate a level up type of mechanic in LoL/DOTA, but that would easily defeat the purpose of the game T_T

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's pretty cool, I wonder if my computer could run it.

    Good luck in your tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grats on your victory and hope the rest of the games are victories too :) I would play LoL, but I need not to play another MMO right now :( I like my time, even if it is only in 20 minute bursts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I might have to give this game a play

    ReplyDelete
  13. @James- well thats kind of the point- you can really play this game 20 minutes at a time :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. yeah, i'm a lol player myself and it's quite a good way to describe the game :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to go to a Smash tourney at least once. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome description! I also have a gaming blog, should check it out sometime =] I look forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, hope everything works out for you man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i prefer heroes of newerth but lol is pretty good for being free

    ReplyDelete
  19. WoW definitely requires a lot of time, which is partly why I never got in to it. I may check this out though. Good luck with your tournament!

    ReplyDelete
  20. dude i play LoL, shit is addictive as hell. pm me ur username

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this game sounds good then to fit into the time we have!
    Mesty =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I played some DotA back in the day. I sucked so bad at it. and I still do to this day lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. LoL and HON are some of the best games out IMO - although LoL's free; which is a lot better than paying 30 bucks.

    ReplyDelete